Sold at $1,200,000
17 Boardwalk One, Larkspur
Boardwalk One at its best. Bohemian, artsy, fun, eclectic and hip, this 2 bedroom/2 bath is truly special. The current owners took it down to its studs, added square footage and transformed it into what you see today. Its location on the Boardwalk is stellar with views gazing out to the Corte Madera Creek, the estuary and Mt. Tam. Unique to the town of Larkspur, this neighborhood is filled with personality, soul and nature… and is just a quick stroll to the historic downtown with its many restaurants, shops and the Lark Movie Theater.
“The Anchor” #17
Boardwalk One is the last survivor of the original four houseboat colonies along the west bank of Corte Madera Creek. Over the years, arks from other waterfront communities have found a refuge here. Filled with character, Boardwalk One is a wonderful hidden gem with its homes on tidal water with beautiful views of Mt. Tam and home to numerous shorebirds in a pastoral setting…all right here in town.” (Quotes taken from Larkspur Past and Present, 2009). It is indeed a special place filled with wildlife including seals, otters, bat rays, a variety of fish and many shorebirds.
Feels Far Away, But Close To Everything
The “Great Room” is the actual “ark” and was brought to its current location before 1930. History has it that this ark took commerce around the SF Bay. Comprised of the living, dining, kitchen & office areas with wood floors, open kitchen, center island, stainless appliances, stained glass windows, Vetrazzo countertops made from concrete and broken beer bottles, fir cabinetry, designer lighting with access to main entertaining deck.
Master Bedroom/Bath: The floors in the master bedroom are made from bleacher seats taken from Oxnard High School from 1948. Lots of gum had to be scraped off, and the edge was taken off the sides of all the boards. Each board is the entire width of the room with no breaks. Incredible marsh views from all windows including access to a small romantic deck…perfect for sipping your morning coffee and your evening glass of wine.
- Additional bedroom/bath with stained glass window and “ark” door opening to outside
- 1 bath with subway tile shower and stone countertop
- Laundry room with washer/dryer and storage shelves
- Entry deck area with 3 outbuildings…perfect for storage and workshop
- Water and marsh views from all rooms
- Decks with seating and entertaining areas
- Boat dock
- Sewer lateral has just been replaced
- Per Tax Records: Lot Sq. Ft: 11,500/Home Sq. Ft: 1793
- The Arkites Association quarterly dues are based upon the number of people living in a unit and the number of cars. The current fee is $569 per quarter for 2 people with 2 cars and includes water, trash, parking and maintenance of the boardwalk